March 30, 2020


Dear Scouts & Scouters,


The Flint River Council continues to monitor the situation regarding the COVID-19 virus. We recognize this is a difficult time for many families that participate in our program and the communities we serve. In terms of an update, the Flint River Council is sharing these updates:

  1. The Council Cub-O-Ree event has been postponed until May. Camp is closed until further notice. If you have a need with camp, you will need to work directly with Andrea Strawn in our Camping Department.
  2. The Scout Shop has closed until further notice.
  3. The Eagle Scout Recognition Banquet is postponed from the original date of April 30, 2020. The new date is TBD.
  4. The Council will allow units to extend the camp card sales. We understand that units rely on the camp card sale to raise much needed funds for operations.
  5. We encourage units to meet digitally where possible. Units should not meet in person through April 30, 2020. We have also shared a Scouting at Home resource page that can be found on the front page of the Flint River Council website.


Additionally, the Flint River Council fully expects Summer Camp and Day Camps to function as scheduled. We are currently working on plans to ensure that our camps are safe, exciting, and ready for adventure this summer. We stand ready to help you should a need arise. We will get through this together.




Robert V. Johnson
Scout Executive/CEO